Whatever your career is, a milestone at any job is a huge deal. For a lot of us, our careers mean a lot to us. Which is why work anniversaries are so meaningful.
In our office, work anniversaries are a huge deal. We go all out. Balloons. Snacks. Caterers. The whole nine pretty much.
So, if you want some work anniversary ideas to celebrate the moment we’ve got you covered.
Whether it’s work anniversary ideas for employees, colleagues, or just someone special in your life, these ideas will remind that person why they work so hard at their career.
Everyone’s Favorite Work Anniversary Celebration Ideas
- Celebratory Team Lunch or Dinner
- Theme-based Workspace Decoration
- Personalized Cake
- Years of Completion Certificate
- Team Games and Activities
- Achievement Awards Ceremony
- Thankyou Note to Express Gratitude
Work Anniversary Event Ideas
- Team Building Activities
- Wellness Sessions
- Volunteer for Work
- Social Media Campaigns
- Throw a Party
Work anniversaries aren’t just for employees. If your company is celebrating a milestone, everyone deserves to celebrate. Whether it’s your business’ first anniversary, 5th anniversary or 50th anniversary here are some anniversary event ideas to get you inspired.
Throw a Party!
Throw a theme party for your company’s anniversary. Not sure where to start with company anniversary theme ideas? We’ve got you. For example, if it’s your company’s 25th anniversary, a 25th anniversary is known as a “silver anniversary.” So, you could throw a silver-themed party. Get silver decor, use silver-toned frosting for the cake, and so on.
Virtual Anniversary Party
If your company is mostly remote, don’t worry, you can still throw a virtual employee appreciation party! Here are a few virtual work anniversary celebration ideas to get you started:
Work Anniversary Gift Ideas for Employees
For employees, you could give work anniversary gifts by year. So if an employee has been there 5 years, you’d give them a 5-year work anniversary gift.
Here’s a full list of traditional work anniversary gifts by year:
- 1st Anniversary: Paper
- 2nd Anniversary: Cotton
- 3rd Anniversary: Leather
- 4th Anniversary: Fruit or Flowers
- 5th Anniversary: Wood
- 6th Anniversary: Candy or Iron
- 7th Anniversary: Wool or Copper
- 8th Anniversary: Pottery or Bronze
- 9th Anniversary: Willow or Pottery
- 10th Anniversary: Tin or Aluminum
- 11th Anniversary: Steel
- 12th Anniversary: Silk or Linen
- 13th Anniversary: Lace
- 14th Anniversary: Gold Jewelry
- 15th Anniversary: Crystal
- 16th Anniversary: Coffee or Tea
- 17th Anniversary: Wine or Spirits
- 18th Anniversary: Appliances
- 19th Anniversary: Jade
- 20th Anniversary: China
- 21st Anniversary: Fire (theme)
- 22nd Anniversary: Water (theme)
- 23rd Anniversary: Air (theme)
- 24th Anniversary: Stone (theme)
- 25th Anniversary: Silver
- 26th Anniversary: Art
- 27th Anniversary: Music
- 28th Anniversary: Linens
- 29th Anniversary: Tools
- 30th Anniversary: Pearls
But when choosing work anniversary gifts, you don’t have to stick to tradition. We have plenty of other great work anniversary gift ideas to inspire you…
Whether it’s a 1 year work anniversary gift or a 15-year work anniversary gift, employee recognition gifts for years of service goes a long way in showing your employee just how much you appreciate them!
Here are a few gift ideas for employees celebrating an anniversary at work:
Work Anniversary Appreciation Gift Basket
This Appreciation Gift Basket makes the perfect employee recognition gift for an employee’s years of service. There are various sizes available, so the bigger the anniversary, the bigger the basket! Customize the gift basket with fun snacks and beverages that’ll let your employee know you’re thinking of them on their special work anniversary.
What better way to say thank you for an employee’s years of service than with a gift that lets them represent the company they work so hard for. With SwagMagic, you can create a custom swag store with your company’s logo branded on the items. From there, you give your employees store credit and they can choose the item or items that they want to rep. Employees should be proud of all of the years of service, and with branded swag, they can wear their company’s logo and be proud!
Employee Recognition Lunch
Take your employee out to lunch on their special anniversary. Be sure to bring them somewhere special that you know they’ll enjoy!
Any of these ideas can be used as 1 year business gift ideas or 30 year anniversary gifts. Because ultimately, any anniversary is an anniversary worth celebrating!
Virtual Anniversary Card
You can also show employee anniversary recognition with a virtual anniversary card. Have everyone in the office sign the virtual card and be sure to include thoughtful celebrating work anniversary messages.
Employee Anniversary Recognition Messages
- Thank you for your X years of service!
- We appreciate everything you do for the company and are lucky to have you on our team!
- Wishing you a happy work anniversary. Thank you for all that you do!
Business Anniversary Celebration Ideas
Anniversary celebrations aren’t just for employee anniversaries! Whether your company is celebrating 1 year in business or celebrating 10 years in business, feel free to bring everyone in on the anniversary celebration!
Here are some business anniversary celebration ideas to get you inspired:
- Throw a company-wide anniversary party
- Have a business anniversary lunch in the office
- Send a special thank you to clients or customers on your business’ anniversary
- Give your employees a special anniversary gift as a thank you
Some business anniversary gift ideas that you could give out on your company’s special day include:
- Gift baskets
- Branded Swag from Swagmagic.com
- Discounts or coupons for clients
- Bonus PTO for employees
So whether you’re celebrating a business anniversary or an employee’s work anniversary, we hope you’ll give one or more of these ideas a try!